2017 IHSAA GIRLS & BOYS
NEW HAVEN CROSS COUNTRY SEMI STATE
DATE: Saturday, October 21, 2017
TIME: 1:00 pm – Boys’ Race
1:45 pm – Girls’ Race
PLACE: IPFW Campus – the Plex, 1807 E California Rd, Ft. Wayne, IN 46825-5877
PARKING: Coaches please contact Larry Stemmler at LSTEMMLER@eacs.k12.in.us for a map listing parking areas that you can share with your parents and fans. If you participated in this year’s New Haven Classic, the parking will be the same for spectators. All buses will bring in athletes and drop them off and then park at IPFW by the Ron Venderly Bridge. We will have people directing buses at the drop off if parking changes.
Due to their being only one entrance into the Plex, please inform your patrons to plan on arriving earlier then normal due to the possible increase of traffic into the Plex and also inform them that car pooling would be a good idea in order to save room for parking. There is additional parking at IPFW. Spectators may use the Ron Venderly Family Bridge to cross over to the Plex. The bridge parking lot is located off the Anthony Blvd. entrance.
ADMISSIONS: Remind your fans that the IHSAA is now collecting a $5 admission for each person coming to the Plex. Please tell your fans to have cash with them when they arrive. Those parking in the Plex will pay when they arrive in their cars. Those parking outside the Plex will pay when they arrive onto the Plex grounds. We can only accept cash.
DRESSING Dressing Rooms are not available. Please dress at home.
FACILITIES: Porta-Jons will be available. Runners may also use the restrooms at the soccer stadium, but must stay out of the Plex.
REPORTING Coaches are to check-in at the white barn located on the southern section of the
OF TEAMS: course. Coaches will be given a packet containing numbers, pins, course map, lane assignments, and timing chips.
TIME 11:30 am Check-in opens (the white barn)
SCHEDULE: 12:15 pm Coaches meeting at the white barn
12:30 pm Check-in closes
12:45 pm Course is closed & National Anthem
12:50 pm Boys report to starting line
1:00 pm Start Boys’ Race
1:35 pm Girls report to starting line
1:45 pm Start Girls’ Race
2:45 pm Awards (field by start line)
ROSTERS: All rosters will be listed on the message board of IndianaRunner.com by Sunday, October 15th. Please look over the rosters to make sure that none of your athletes have been left off the entry list and to make sure each athlete’s information is correct. If you find that a runner has been left off or an athlete’s information is not correct, please e-mail me at LSTEMMLER@eacs.k12.in.us with the name, grade, and school.
NUMBERS: Each contestant will be assigned a number that shall be pinned on the FRONT of the shirt.
i. Time to Run timing company will be timing the meet with their chip.
- Each runner must wear their assigned chip. Any athlete found wearing another runner’s chip or does not wear their chip will be disqualified.
- Each runner will receive a chip that is attached to their bib number.
- Make sure bibs are secured through the holes on the bib number to ensure that they chip on the back of the bib number is not damaged.
- Make sure bibs that the bib is secured so it can be easily seen at all times (use all 4 safety pins)
- DO NOT RUN ACROSS ANY OF THE TIMING MATS WHILE YOU ARE PREVIEWING THE COURSE!!! This will interfere with the accuracy of the results for each race.
- A video camera will be used as a back up system to look at close finishes only if the chips would fail.
- All results will be posted on a board near the white barn. It is every coach’s responsibility to check the list to make sure none of their runners were missed in the results. If a runner is missing, the coach needs to report to the timing trailer and let Tom Landis know who is missing, his or her bib number, and roughly what time that runner ran.
START: Lane assignments will be drawn at random and will be given out.
COURSE The course is limited to the entries listed on the IHSAA Entry List.
………………………….. Blue Flag……………………………………….. Straight Ahead
………………………….. Red Flag………………………………………… Left Turn
………………………….. Yellow Flag……………………………………. Right Turn
Note: Course inspectors will be placed at crucial points.
Parts of the course will be double lined, have natural grass boundaries, be bannered, or sectioned off by pylons. Runners MUST stay between these boundaries.
ADVANCEMENT: The first six (6) qualifying teams and the first ten (10) individuals that finish from non-advancing teams shall advance to the state meet in Terre Haute.
AWARDS: Will be held on the field by the start line as soon as possible (approximately 20-30 minutes after the last race has finished). Coaches remind your runners, no hats or sun glasses are to be worn during the awards presentation.
RESULTS: Results will also be posted in their entirety on www.timetorun.net.
COURSE MAP: Course maps are available by e-mailing Larry Stemmler at LSTEMMLER@eacs.k12.in.us.